How to Change Child Support or Visitation

Mediation and Child Support

Most people will think of money first.  But it does not need to be money.  Substantial change may also consist of a change in the overnight parenting pattern exercised by either parent.  Florida child support statutes allow a change anytime it would be at least 15% or $50.00 which every is greater.  Child support can be lowered or increased if you can show a substantial permanent and unanticipated change in your circumstances.


How do you change child support?  It starts with a Florida Supreme Court Form 12.905(a).  Supplemental Petition to Modify Parental Responsibility, Visitation, or Parenting Plan/Time Sharing Schedule and Other Relief. 


If you have a good working relationship with your ex-spouse, you should discuss this change with them to see if it you can jointly file the necessary paperwork.  If not, Mediation will allow the parties to discuss the necessary changes with a fair and impartial third party.  Experienced mediators use very sophisticated software to recalculate changes in child support.  Then you move on to the preparation of a new Parenting Plan to be filed in Court. 

Experience counts when selecting the right mediator.  Save time and money by selecting a mediator with experience in Family Mediation.   For complete information give us a call at 954-946-4774

7495 W. Atlantic Ave Suite 292

Delray Beach, FL 33446


The Divorce and Mediation Center

The Divorce & Mediation Center is not a law firm and cannot provide you with legal advice


The Divorce & Mediation Center is "A" rated with the Florida Better Business Bureau.  This rating is unsolisited or paid for.